Jason Rioux joins NRStor as Vice President
We, at NRStor, are delighted to announce that Jason Rioux is joining our company as Vice President effective immediately.
Jason is an innovative, creative and relentless leader in pursuing new business opportunities. With over a decade of relevant experience, he has a proven track record in the development and operational stages of all forms of energy projects. This is especially important when it comes to carving new paths through Ontario’s complex energy market, regulatory, and policy environments.
Jason was previously the Director of Business Development for Thermal generation projects at OPG. He led a wide variety of business development initiatives, including:
- the repowering of coal plants to natural gas and biomass;
- new gas fired generation development;
- combined Heat and Power (CHP) and biomass generation development;
- partnership management of joint venture generating facilities – Brighton Beach and Portlands Energy Centre;
- advanced biomass research and development; and
- work with First Nations on capacity building, project development, and partnerships.
Jason served as Commercial Manager of the Portlands Energy Centre, a 550 MW natural gas fired generation station located in downtown Toronto. He developed and led the commercial organization of this $730 million facility, with responsibility for all gas and power trading and energy management activities.
Prior to these roles, Jason held many positions at OPG, in the areas of business development, strategic planning, and within hydroelectric, nuclear, and coal fired plant operations. Jason holds an MBA from Queen’s University, a Bachelor of Mathematics from the University of Waterloo, and a Governor General’s Award for academics.
Jason’s entrepreneurial spirit, commercial acumen, and drive for results will complement the great team we are building at NRStor.
We welcome Jason, his wife Victoria and their two children Celeste and Renee to the NRStor family.