Bringing reliable energy to your neighbourhood:
You may be eligible to receive Tesla Powerwall through NRStor’s Pilot Rental Program
NRStor, Enbridge, Toronto Hydro, and MPOWER Energy Solutions are launching an exciting resiliency pilot program, featuring Tesla Powerwall.
Eligible homeowners in Toronto located near Spadina and College (the shaded green areas on the map below) will have the opportunity to access reliable backup power during grid outages, better manage peak electricity usage and monitor real time energy consumption for $29.99/month on a 10-year rental, plus a one-time connection charge of $1,500.1
MPOWER Energy Solutions will manage the installation and operations of the battery in your home. The battery will charge with lower cost off-peak electricity and use that stored energy during peak times to directly benefit you and the local electricity grid.
- You will receive alerts in the event of a power outage
- The battery will provide seamless backup power supply for your essential appliances and devices in your home.
- You will be able to monitor home energy use in real time on your phone from anywhere.
- You could benefit from a reduction in your peak electricity bill.
Powerwall improves reliability for customers and reduces costs for everyone on peak energy days.
You are Eligible for this program if:
- Customer’s Home must be located in the Spadina and College area, generally understood to be the area between Bloor Street West, Roxton Road, Dundas Street West, and University Avenue in Toronto, Ontario;
- Customer must be the owner of a detached or semi-detached house (apartment and condominium units are not eligible);
- Customer must have 200 Amp electrical service and an adequate internet connection;
- Customer must have a clear wall space in the basement, garage, or main floor (preferably close to electrical panel) that is approximately 6ft high, 8 ft wide, which is easily accessible.
Terms and Conditions
1 This Powerwall Pilot is subject to the Terms and Conditions listed in the Customer Agreement, which each Customer is required to sign; please contact NRStor to obtain a copy
How It Works
Tesla Powerwall is an intelligent battery system that stores energy for when you need it, providing:
- Seamless backup power for your essential appliances and devices in your home during grid outages.
- Home energy usage monitoring in real time on your phone from anywhere and receive alerts in the event of a power outage.
- Peak electricity reduction in your household without any adjustments to your lifestyle.